56th Annual PPGA Golf Tournament Rules
Copper River Country Club – 2140 East Club House Drive, Fresno CA
Monday, October 2nd, 2017
8:00 A.M. to 9:30 A.M
10:00 A.M. SHARP!
Be sure to check in as soon as you arrive at the course.
1. We will again be using the The Wilkinson scoring system.Each member of the team will drive from the white tees. (Players 65 years and older may hit from the yellow tees). Ladies will hit from the red tees. The best drive will then be selected by mutual agreement. All other team members will pick up their balls and move to the selected position. Each team member will then play from this position, placing his/her ball with ONE club length of the ball, NO nearer the hole. If the ball is in the hazard, sand or water, the lie may be improved, but the ball must be played from the hazard. This will continue until the team has reached the green.
Each team member’s drive MUST be used a minimum of TWO times over the 18 holes.
2. On the green, a mark will be placed immediately adjacent to the ball being played, and the other balls are to be putted from the spot occupied by the original ball. The procedure will continue until the team has “holed out”. When your team has obtained the lowest possible score on the hole, all players should proceed to the next hole. Mark your score and move on to the next hole.
3. The team captain will be responsible for keeping score, marking the holes driven by each player, and returning the completed scorecard to the Pro Shop.
4. There will be team prizes for Low Gross and Low Net.
5. To qualify for a team prize, you must finish with three players. When a team only has three players, all of the remaining team members will rotate the missing player’s team. (Refer to the Wilkinson Scoring Sheet).
6. Teams participating in the buy-out ($20.00 per team) will also receive (1) mulligan per player.
7. No player may win more than ONE long drive.
8. If you know that you will not be able to attend the tournament or have not checked-in by 9:30 A.M., please call Robert Weaver at (559) 977-2563. This will assist us in appraising the pairings prior to the tournament.
9. The Copper River Country Club is a soft spike facility only. “NO METAL SPIKES WILL BE ALLOWED”
10. Dress Code:
- Collar shirts are a must!
- No jeans. No Jean Shorts. No Denim. Shorts must have a 6” inseam.
- Ladies may wear sleeveless shirts, but straps on the shoulders must be at least 3 inches wide.
These are the Copper River Country Club Rules, and they will be enforced!!
If you have questions on the dress code, please contact the Belmont Country Club at (559) 251-5078